Above is the link to the website I created for EDCI5825.
I really like this website building tool, especially because webs.com has a template tailor made for teachers. Creating the site was very easy and intuitive.
I did not encounter too many obstacles. One frustrating aspect of the site is that you have to constantly publish your edits before viewing your website. The other frustrating aspect was that I couldn't figure out how to change the template image - I could change the background color, but could get rid of the clock image that came with the template. I did have some challenges incorporating news feeds from other sites, but was able to figure this out by playing around with the widget options on this page as the source sites.
I do envision continuing to build this website when I am a teacher. I really think it will be an excellent tool to ensure students can continue to learn and get direction at home. It also is a way to engage parents and guardians in students work.
After running this site through Truwex Online 2.0 to check for 508 compliance, once issue I had was with "Privacy" specifically that a "privacy policy link is missing."
Description. Privacy policy link is missing, or has incorrect text, or has incorrect URL. Privacy policy link is a link that refers to a site privacy policy written in a human-readable form. Corporate standards often require this link to be presented on every page of a website. Solution: check a privacy link presence on a web page. If it is missing, add it. If it is present, check issue's settings to detect a privacy link correctly.
I think this is more relevant for corporate websites. On some sites it is important to warn the viewer that they are leaving a particular site. I think this is really relevant for websites targeting children so it is clear when they are leaving a "safe" site. To fix this I could make an interim page pop-up making sure the user acknowledges they know they are leaving my site and going to a page that is note related to my site.
No comments:
Post a Comment